Published: September 18, 2020 / Last Update: May 16, 2023
Top Reasons to Get Outdoors With Your Pet!
Exploring the outdoors isn’t just for dogs – you can do it with your other pets too!
Why should you get outdoors with your pets?
- Being outdoors can support the mental health of people and pets by reducing boredom, depression and anxiety.
- It’s an opportunity to enjoy the fresh air and sunlight.
- Staying active has numerous health benefits and can help lift your spirits.
- Letting your pet roll around in the grass, on sidewalks or patios can help your them cool off and scratch some itches they may be unable to reach on their own. Always be sure to brush their coat before they go back indoors or into your vehicle to keep them from consuming anything they may have rolled in.
- Spending time outdoors together is a great way to bond with your pet!
If you are enjoying time outdoors with your pet, the first thing we recommend is to check your local weather and air-quality conditions. We want to make sure everyone stays safe and has a great outdoor experience.