1. Pet(s) featured in image(s) must have been adopted from the Edmonton Humane Society.
2. There is no cost to enter.
3. Submissions are open May 26, 2023 at 8 a.m. MDT until June 6, 2023 at 9 p.m. MDT.
4. Stories are collected through a series of questions about your pet and your experience with them.
5. Photos with people included are not eligible.
6. Photos containing more than one animal are welcome, provided all animals in the photograph must be adopted from EHS. If you are submitting multiple pets, one entry form must be completed per pet.
7. Animals photographed do not feature animals performing unnatural activities, including wearing clothing, accessories (i.e. bows), or costumes.
8. There are 12 feature pages to win. Photos will be selected by a panel of EHS judges and the pet guardians will be contacted no later than June 30, 2023.
9. Up to three (3) print-quality photos can be submitted using the online submission form. Photos may be of a single pet or a pair of pets, provided that both pets were adopted from EHS.
10. Photos must be landscape (horizontal), high-quality (300dpi or higher), sharp images, with pets filling approximately 2/3 of the photo frame. Photos taken with cell phones are unlikely to meet our requirements for print. The minimum file size should be 4MB – maximum 100MB and the only file types accepted are: .png, .jpg, and .jpeg.
• You may submit photos you’ve had professionally taken, but we will require the photographer’s contact information and permission for print.
11. By agreeing to enter this contest, you also acknowledge and give permission for EHS to use the name, story and photo of the animal entered in future EHS publications, promotions, and materials, including the 2024 EHS Calendar.
12. EHS reserves the right to disqualify an entry based on objectionable content or depiction of the animal(s) or person(s) in a photo.
13. Photos submitted that do not meet the above mentioned standards for printing will not be considered for the calendar.