Make some new fur-iends
Humane Education is great way to empower people of all ages by engaging them with programs that range from animal care & protection, environmental preservation, interpersonal relationship building, to human rights. We seek to provide educational opportunities and experiences that support the development of a strong community, passionate about animal welfare.
While our youth programing has moved to virtual, we are still offering canine behaviour consultations by appointment and and adoptions through our online process.
Summer Day Camps
Our week-long summer day camps are back this July & August! The purr-fect way for for animal loving kids aged 6 – 12 to make memories and learn more about animals.
Humane Education Virtual Programs
- Lightening Fast Email Confirmation
- 30-Day access for pre-recorded programs and reminders for how and when to access live programs.
- Some programs also include printable resource guides with information on our services and activities you can do at home or follow-along with!
- BONUS: Some serious feel good vibes for supporting EHS and the work we do!
We proudly support teachers and home educators!
If you are an educator who would like to facilitate one of our programs with your class but are facing financial restrictions, please contact us today to discuss options: [email protected]
For free resources and activities visit Humane Education @ Home to watch Connect with Pet videos, download colouring pages, activity guides, word searches and more!
Pre-Recorded Virtual Presentations – $20.00 CAD
Ideal for at home learners, home educators and in-class educators to share information on demand with their students about the topics listed. All pre-recorded presentations are accessible for 30 days and include a small content package with purchase.
Who We Are, What We Do
- Program Focus: Discover what an animal shelter is and all that goes into operating the Edmonton Humane Society. We will talk about different animals that have been at EHS and how you can help animals both in the shelter and in your community. You’ll even get to come along on a virtual behind-the-scenes tour or our facility!
- Suitable Ages: All Ages – Recommended 5+
- Themes covered: The history of EHS, animals we care for, the different departments at EHS, and an introduction to the adoptions process.
- Run Time: Approximately 20 Minutes
- Program Focus: Learn about the basic needs of animals and be introduced the concepts of ‘The Five Domains’ and ‘The Five Freedoms’ of animal welfare. We’ll share what responsible ownership is and how to apply this knowledge when supporting the care of companion animals.
- Suitable Ages: All Ages – Recommended 8+
- Themes covered: Different types of pets, Basic Needs of Animals, Five Domains & Freedoms of Animal Welfare, Responsible Pet Ownership & Enrichment.
- Run Time: Approximately 20 minutes